The therapeutic effects of CBD have made it a popular ingredient in many topical products. Cannabidiol creams, balms, salves, etc., when applied on the skin gives quick localized relief because it interacts with CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). So, people are using it to treat muscle and joint pains, headaches, rashes, heal minor wounds, and burns, etc. Apart from this, its antioxidant effect is another major reason for its use in skincare products. In this article, we will focus on the different aspects of CBD topical that make it useful for skincare purposes, read on to know more.
The Working Of Cannabidiol (CBD) At A Molecular Level
The antioxidant property of CBD topical products is because it regulates major pathways that are involved in keratinocyte differentiation, epidermal cell differentiation, skin development, and other processes. Moreover, this is the primary reason for its anti-aging effect when applied to the skin. This is achieved by the upregulation of the gene oxygenase 1(HMOX1), and the inhibition of BACH1. Also, this makes it useful for treating skin diseases like psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
Skin Friendly Vitamins And Nutrients In Hemp CBD Topical Products
- Vitamin A: It fights wrinkles and slows down their formation.
- Vitamin B1: It has an anti-aging effect.
- Vitamin B2: It protects cells and tissues from free radical damage.
- Vitamin B6: It is useful for treating psoriasis, acne, and other skin conditions.
- Vitamin D: It increases the elasticity of the skin and thereby slows down or reduces wrinkle formation.
- Vitamin E: It protects the skin from UV damage and prevents dryness.
- Calcium: It helps with skin growth and regeneration.
- Iron: It reduces dark circles and the paleness of skin.
- Magnesium: It improves cellular processes and stabilizes hormonal balance.
- Manganese: It protects the skin from UV rays and improves collagen levels.
- Phosphorus: It helps cells to assimilate B vitamins.
- Potassium: It keeps skin moist and hydrated.
- Zinc: It has antioxidant, healing, and rejuvenating effect on the skin.
Apart from the vitamins and nutrients, CBD oil used for making topical products is also loaded with essential oils and amino acids. It is rich in omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 essential fatty acids. Also, it has other important fatty acids linoleic acid and linolenic acid.
Using CBD Topical Products For Skin Care
Applying CBD cream on the skin improves collagen levels that begin to drop after your 20s. Also, it keeps the skin hydrated, and thereby reduces the damage due to dryness. Moreover, it promotes skin regeneration and healing, thereby helps with maintaining a youthful complexion.
We hope that the details shared above gave you a better understanding of how CBD topical products impart their skincare effects.